Friday, January 21, 2011

Broccoli and Stuffing Frittata

On Thursday I faced another Dinner Dilemma.

I didn't want another turkey sandwich, even a grilled one.  I didn't want leftover rice.  I didn't want a hot dog.

So I dug around in the fridge and came up with these ingredients.  Please note how I've strategically obscured the milk's "best by" date.


Eggs, milk, shredded cheddar, stuffing, broccoli.

I've got a couple things to say.

First, I'd like to say that my time in the kitchen would be made a lot easier if I could crack an egg without getting most of my fingers dirty.  Maybe in another fifteen years I'll have achieved that.

Second, I'd like to say that this scrap dinner was a complete success.

Start with the crust.  Spray a pan with cooking spray and layer in the stuffing.


Mix a few eggs with a splash of milk, Mrs. Dash Original Blend, salt and pepper.  Stir in the broccolli, and pour that on the stuffing.  There was more broccoli than I'd expected - but I like broccoli, so I went with it.


Sprinkle shredded cheddar generously on top and then some more stuffing.


Bake at 350 for about thirty minutes or until the eggs are set.


So satisfying!  I want leftovers just so I can get creative making another frittata.

No comments:

Post a Comment