Monday, January 17, 2011

Extreme Chocolate Craving = The Perfect Brownies

Tonight, I had an amazingly powerful craving for chocolate.  When you want chocolate as badly as I did, nothing else will satisfy you.

My dear, sweet, smart husband recognized this need and kindly ran to the store for eggs and sugar so I could satisfy this chocolust.  Because boxed brownies just weren't going to do.  Not that I could make them anyway, without eggs.

No, I wanted - no, I needed - real chocolate intensity.  And I got it.


The Perfect Brownies
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9x9" baking pan (aluminum is best, for thorough cooking throughout and perfectly done bottoms and edges).
In a large bowl, melt 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter.  Stir in 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Whisk in 3 eggs, one at a time.
Stir in 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 cup flour.
Transfer the batter to the pan and bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes.
Let cool and then cut.  Store tightly covered.  If they last that long.

I'm the kind of girl who licks the bowl.


Decadently rich, gooey, perfectly flavored...


And then we added ice cream, too.  Shamelessly indulgent.


Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment