Sunday, January 16, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

My mom's birthday was this weekend, and she loooooves red velvet cake.  Last year, I made my first attempt at baking the cake she loves so dearly.  Taste: A, Looks: C+.  Crumbly red cake plus creamy white frosting equal smears of pink frosting across what should be a pristine, snowy surface.

I was primed for improvement this year, but I was also short on time.  I decided cupcakes were the answer.  The Barefoot Contessa's cupcake recipe, to be specific.


Thank you, Ina.  Your recipe saved my sanity and took care of my mom's unspoken birthday wish.

You've got a couple options if you want Red Velvet Cupcakes of your own.

1.  You can buy The Barefoot Contessa's mix at the store.

2.  You can buy The Barefoot Contessa's book "How Easy Is That?"

I think you should buy the book.  The Barefoot Contessa's approach to cooking and baking will change the way you operate in the kitchen.  She speaks to my heart with her straightforward, simple recipes - that give you delicious results without requiring you to scour the gourmet food aisles.

No comments:

Post a Comment