You will serve this as a savory brunch when you have weekend guests. You will serve this for a meat-free weeknight meal. You will serve this when you have the girls over for a breakfast dinner.
Tonight we had it with cheddar garlic biscuits (Okay, I'll admit it... They were from a package. But they were amazing!) and a fruit salad. The feta in the frittata is my favorite part. That salty creaminess. But then the asparagus is so good too. Oh, just try it already!!
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Finely chop two spears; set remaining asparagus aside.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof pan or skillet, saute the onions, garlic and chopped asparagus in oil until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Arrange reserved asparagus spears so they resemble spokes of a wheel over eggs; sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 frittata equals 427 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 670 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Asparagus and Feta Frittata
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese