Saturday, April 16, 2011

Asparagus Tomato Scramble


I made a coconut cream pie earlier this week, so I had three egg whites sitting in my fridge.  They beckoned to me at lunchtime earlier this week.  I hate using only part of an egg and then forgetting the other part.  It is such a waste!

So I took those egg whites, added milk and a whole egg, chopped tomato, lightly boiled asparagus, and leftover feta cheese, and I made myself a tasty little scramble.  To serve it, I flopped a tortilla on top of the scramble while it was still in the skillet.  This warmed and softened the tortilla, and then I flipped the whole thing onto my plate.
 

It's not rocket science, but using up leftover ingredients is pretty darn satisfying.  Especially when they result in something this good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment