Saturday, December 10, 2011

Keep Calm and Drink Coffee

After reading Living Locurto's recent post about being a tad overwhelmed by the many, many, MANY demands - and even the delights can become demanding - of the holiday season, I was inspired to create a little saying of my own.  I'm sure it's not the first time it's been said.  But it's the first time I've said it, and the first time I've created a cute little printable sign that you can hang on your fridge or bathroom mirror or beside your desk.


Remember to stop and savor the scents of the season along with your cuppa joe!

Coffees that should make it into your mug:
Starbucks Caffe Verona... an old classic for me
Starbucks Sumatra... rich and dark, sort of how you might feel after three days of lounging on Italy's Amalfi Coast at some posh resort
Blacksmith Coffee Roastery's Bali Blue Moon... what's not to love?  And they're a small husband-wife team pursuing their passion.
Java John's Superior Blend... a classic, full taste and at an amazing price.  And another entrepreneurial coffee roaster.
Caribou Coffee's Daybreak Blend... usually I prefer coffee from the darker side of the roasting scale.  But this is a treat.

Suggested scents to wrap gifts, decorate the tree, and read the Christmas Story by:
Bath and Body Works 3-Wick Candles... they burn evenly, are highly fragranced the entire time they burn, and if you happen to get them during a Buy One, Get One Free sale, they're only $10 each!  We buy them in bulk - so they gave us a great little cardboard carton to tote them home in.

My favorite holiday scents:  Fireside (smells just like a wood burning fireplace, without the smoke); Winter (crisp, slightly clove and orangey); Marshmallow Fireside (warm, nutty vanilla with a bit of fire to finish it off); Homemade Cookies (a deep, rich vanilla scent, without being too sweet).

And I'll say for the record, nope, they are not paying me to list these things.  I just love 'em myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment