Friday, April 8, 2011

Flat Out: My Alternative to Two Traditional Slices

I have eaten a flatbread turkey and cheddar sandwich three times in the last two days.  It's that satisfying.  Well, that, and it's part of my grocery budget plan.  Eat something until it is g-o-n-e.  No waste.


I discovered these flatbreads on the bottom shelf of Walmart's gigantic bread aisle, and they really spoke to me for several reasons.
1. multi-grain
2. flax seeds
3. 1 gram of sugar

They were about $2.50 for a bag of 6, so I decided to give them a shot.  Sometimes I get tired of sticking my sandwich "fixins" between two pieces of regular ol' bread.  Especially if I had a slice of bread with my breakfast oatmeal, as I very often do (It's a good scooper; if you're an oatmeal eater, you can appreciate this.  Too many mouthfuls of the same consistency can get a little tiresome.).

I spread this light little flat bread (100 calories and 2.5 grams of fat) with some light Hellman's and some dijon mustard, then piled on my sharp cheddar, oven roasted turkey, and lettuce.  Delightful.  It makes me believe spring is really, truly here, when my body actually craves a light lunch like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment