Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches

I wish I could say I created these delightful sandwiches.  I didn't.  I'm just glad they're in my life now.  In fact, I'm so glad that I'm actually going to copy the recipe from the magazine onto a recipe card, so I won't lose it.

They're not just for a tailgate party, folks.  I can see them making an appearance in our home a lot this fall and winter.  Game night with friends, lunch on Saturday, with soup on Christmas Eve, with cut veggies and crackers Christmas Day.  And anytime in between.

They're quick and easy to put together.  I made them between spit-up episodes and didn't suffer any "have to concentrate on this recipe" stress at all.  I stuck them in the fridge and pulled them out an hour before we wanted to eat them, to pour on the topping and let it sit.

Another plus: the ingredient list is short.  Kitchen staples plus a few easy-to-find additions.  Note: if you buy sliced cheese instead of block, you don't have to do ANY chopping for this recipe.  Have I gotten lazy or what?


Check out the recipe at Taste of Home!




No comments:

Post a Comment