Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Day Before Thanksgiving: Preparations

I'm that slightly nutty person who really enjoys the crazy hours of preparation before a holiday.  This could be explained for a couple reasons.

1.  I don't have kids yet.

2.  The holiday festivities aren't taking place at my house.

Regardless, I took the day off work and am preparing as if it were my last Thanksgiving.  Being held at my house.  Although it's not.

I'm washing sheets, cleaning bathrooms, making food...  The cleaning is really being done because it's long past due, if I'm being honest here.

And tonight J and I are going to decorate our Christmas tree!  Talk about holiday jumping.

On my recipe list (because I'm not, definitely not, going to show you before-and-after pictures of my bathroom floors or toilets.

Cranberry Salsa.  And it better be good.  You know I've been anticipating this for at least a week.

Cheddar and Green Chili Cheese Ball.  I know this is good.  Cheddar, green chilies, Doritos, what's not to love?

Dippy Dip.  Family recipe.  It's a hit.  And it makes raw veggies very alluring.

Peanut Butter-Stuffed Milk Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.  Might have to rename those.  New recipe!

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake.  New recipe!  Labor intensive, but it looks like it will be worth it.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment