Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I Ate Today

There's a blog called What I Wore.  It's very cool.  Hip, trendy, cool, in ways I will never be.  And this girl takes pictures of what she wears each day.

How interesting.  As I searched for the exact web address so you can conveniently link to these fashionista blogs, I found out there's more than one person doing the same thing!  Ah, well, there's nothing new under the sun.

So here's a quick little "What I Wore" blog roll:
What I Wore (the first blog of this kind that I ran across)
What I Wore 2Day
What I Wore Today (illustrations!)

Ok, this rabbit-trail of fashion blogs that I'm chasing, while interesting, just reminds me of some bizarre sort of work project.  So moving on to WHAT I ATE TODAY...

If my blog was all about What I Ate Today... well, today's list would include four Double-Stuff Oreos, four Cowboy Cookies (umm... side note - this was a delicious new recipe and I will share it very soon!), and four handfuls of Boy Scouts Caramel Corn.

And I'm supposed to be firming and toning?!  I'm supposed to be in Hawaii in January proving I am NOT the girl who gains seven pounds in her first year of marriage?!  Not at this rate!

Here's the thing, too.  I started out sensibly enough with black coffee and Starbucks' delicious turkey bacon breakfast sandwich.  And then it all fell to pieces.  That's why I can't keep Oreos in the house.

The good news is that besides this extreme indulgence in desserts, I ate sensible meals.

So tonight at the gym I signed up for the Maintain, Don't Gain program*.  This program is supposed to provide enough motivation and encouragement to help indulgers like me get through these wonderful holiday months without packing on pounds or having our thighs devolve into just more inches of gelatinous flesh.

My real goal is not to maintain, it is to lose.  Specifically to lose seven pounds in two months.  I will need all the encouragement I can get, and I will also be throwing away those deadly Double-Stuff's.

* If I knew it cost $25 when I started the sign-up process, maybe I wouldn't have done it.  So it's good that I didn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment