Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dippy Dip... A Secret Family Recipe

We've kept it a secret because it's so simple, it makes us appear simple.  I'll share it with you anyway, in the name of the web's basically-faceless anonymity.  Don't tell anyone where you found it.  I might be disowned for sharing!


Three ingredients.

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream with chives
1 pkg. Ranch dip mix


Combine these three ingredients in a large bowl.  Large bowl.  Because your weapon of choice is the electric hand mixer, and it can get a little wild.


I used a medium bowl, and it was only through diligent application of my trusty mixer that I kept it all in the bowl.


That's it.  You've got your Dippy Dip.  You'll never buy dip from the store again.


Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.  If you have leftovers, you're lucky.  It tastes even better the next day.

Serve with veggies and your kids (or your picky husband) will get their 5 servings for the day, no problem.  I've also used leftover Dippy Dip in twice-baked potatoes - yum!

Remember, tell NO ONE where you got this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment