Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Potato-Lentil Stew: The Verdict

I said I'd tell you how the stew was.  I assumed it would be more of a hit...  I mean, you're only supposed to share  really good recipes on here, right?  Well, you are at a different kind of blog, my friend.

The stew was ok.  It was pretty cumin-y and has a pretty good kick of heat, too (who woulda thought two cans of diced tomatoes with diced green chilies could do all that?).  Then I added shredded cheddar cheese and crushed-up saltines, and it was pretty excellent.

Considering the easiness of the recipe and the cheapness of the ingredients, I'd make it again for myself.  But - since I'm cooking for two, and my other half was fairly certain he didn't love it - this recipe will probably be retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment