Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spicy Chicken Tenders

I got home from the gym tonight, and I needed a fast, easy, nutritious meal.  Because I was starving.  I won't get on my soapbox, but as a side note, yes I totally believe in cooking for myself.  I enjoy eating well alone as much as I do with company, and knowing the work that goes into each meal, I may just be my best recipient.

Anyway.

This was definitely the answer to my hunger and will remain in my go-to repertoire.  Tonight I ate my spicy chicken tenders on a romaine salad with green onion, a plum tomato, some sour cream and a little Italian-type salad dressing.


I'm already planning my leftovers-lunch tomorrow!  Spicy chicken tenders on a Thomas light multi-grain muffin with a slice of mozzarella.  Yummm....

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

Spicy Chicken Tenders
1/2 lb chicken tenders
1 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp each curry powder, ground ginger, cinnamon and paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder

Mix the water and spices in a plastic bag.  Dump in your chicken tenders and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Take a shower, unload the dishwasher, check your email, etc.
Place on a broiling-suitable pan coated with cooking spray.  Broil for about 4 minutes, then flip and broil another 4 minutes or until the chicken tenders are done.

Before Broiling


After Broiling


P.S. I swear my pan is clean, and yes, I probably should have trimmed those white tendon-y things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment