Monday, February 21, 2011

Beef and Bean Burritos with Black Olives and Cilantro

This is a Pioneer Woman recipe...  doctored up by yours truly (As the PW suggests.  Sigh.  I want more original reicpes!).  I'm hoping to use this meat-bean ratio as the basis of a burrito recipe that I can truly call my own.  I'll keep you posted on the various incarnations my burrito experiments take.

But anyway!  Tonight we had some tasty, semi-original burritos.


Here's what the inside looked like - and where the black olives and cilantro came into play.  I also added a swipe of sour cream inside the burrito, although we didn't think we could really taste it, so we topped our burritos with more!


I'll let you go to the Pioneer Woman's site for the actual recipe.  Just so you can plan ahead - using two pounds of meat and one can of beans, I was able to make 8 burritos.  Then I ran out of tortillas, so I mixed the meat and beans together and am saving it for a little evening treat with chips.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment