Monday, February 14, 2011

Diner's Choice Pizza Night

Confession.  I collect recipes everywhere.  Bookmarked on my computer, stuffed in my cookbook cabinet, hidden in the closet, stuck in books.  And I have collected so many pizza recipes over the years that I have an entire folder titled "pizzas and flatbreads."

Yet when I actually make pizza, I wing it.  Winging it can be wonderful, but why do I do this?  Innate laziness?  To save me a possible trip to the store or the chore of defrosting something?  I don't know, I just don't know.  However, it worked out well.  I made four different kinds of pizza with items we had on hand!


Pepperoni.  Our favorite.  Healthy marinara sauce, turkey pepperoni (Hormel's is great!), mozzarella, oregano.  You just can't go wrong with pepperoni pizza.


White Pizza.  Olive oil, rosemary, oregano, mozzarella, parmesan.  Delish.  I'd roast garlic and add that too, next time.


Spicy Orange Olive pizza.  Unique and very flavorful.  Excellent for a cocktail party or wine tasting, or before a smooth, creamy meal like fettucine alfredo.


Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza.  I think I'd add some parmesan and pine nuts to this next time.


This is why I never make my own pizza dough.  Because it involves rolling it out, and I'm a messy cook, so I can't contain my flour explosion.  Plus, I'm always dubious that the yeast is really going to do its thing.  How bubbly is bubbly?  How warm is lukewarm water?  Oh the questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment