Friday, February 4, 2011

Down to the Wire: Last-Minute Super Bowl Prep

I've got a Super Bowl party looming and I haven't really completed any pre-party tasks that I'd normally already be working on.

These pre-party tasks are as simple as

1.  Cleaning a few key rooms in a few key ways (removing pet hair and visible dust, plus removing toilet bowl rings and dustballs from the kitchen floor.  I'm kidding about the toilet bowl rings; my house isn't really that dirty.  Except we do have hard water, so they sneak up surprisingly fast, okay??

2.  Starting advance preparation of all the tasty foods I've planned to serve my guests - you know, peeling and slicing carrots, making quick dips, cooking chicken for a recipe - all that stuff you can get out of the way ahead of time.  Foods that taste even better when they've "melded" flavors in the fridge a bit.

I'm not complaining.  I love preparing for parties.  Soon, my ever-reliable pre-party drive will kick into action and I'll be in turbo mode for the next day and a half.

Get ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment