Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hummus: I Retract My Earlier Statement

Did I really say something like "You're nuts if you buy hummus because I can make it for less and it's better"?  Did I say that?  I believe I did, and yes, I found proof.  There's my rant about homemade hummus.

I want to retract that statement, at least partially.

Because this Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus has found a permanent home in my refrigerator.  And it's not terribly expensive.  And it's not going to clog my arteries in a day.


It's creamy, flavorful, topped with fun stuff, and it's got judicious amounts of olive oil in it.  Good fat!

So there you have it.  A great hummus choice in the refrigerated section.  But I will still make my own hummus when I want that special flavor and texture that I can completely control.

No comments:

Post a Comment