Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pepperoni Tortizza

"Tortizza" is my very-clever combination of the words tortilla and pizza.  Because I made a pepperoni pizza on a tortilla.  Necessity is the mother of invention.  I had no pizza crust - not even a box of Jiffy - and the turkey pepperoni was just calling to me from the fridge that day at noon.


It was delightful!  It had the best, light, crackery crunch.

All I did was spray both sides of the tortilla lightly with cooking spray and stick it in a 400 degree oven for a couple minutes.  Then I spread a generous layer of my healthy marinara sauce on it (mixed with a little basil), sprinkled shredded mozzarella on it, and topped it with turkey pepperoni.  I stuck it back in the oven for three or four minutes, and then I ate it. Oh wait - first I added some freshly grated Parmesan, and then I ate it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment