Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Thigh Stir Fry

To me, the name Chicken Thigh Stir Fry sounds a little gross, but very catchy.  So I'm going to keep it.

This is what I concocted after taking about twenty seconds to ponder my lunch options:

A turkey and cheese rollup

Oatmeal

Something else

I chose Something Else, which after a quick fridge excavation became Chicken Thigh Stir Fry.  I was lucky we just had Chicken Lettuce Wraps last week!  Perfect leftovers for a stir fry.


In a series of quick, highly heated steps, this became marvelous meal.  Look at this small rainbow of vegetables I used.  In these gray winter days, this is a very welcome sight to me.


Of course, once I started actually cooking all this together, the color faded.  But I knew what it had once been!


Served on leftover jasmine rice, it was a great something else.


There's no recipe when you're concocting something out of what's available - for better or for worse.  All I can really tell you is that I used garlic and onion seasoning, chili-flavored olive oil, salt and pepper.  I also used some plain olive oil during cooking.  And since I don't have a wok, I just used my nonstick pan and covered it with another pan to keep the heat in and create some condensation.

Good luck and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment