Friday, February 4, 2011

Greenie Salad


This Greenie Salad is a treat.  Its name comes from the overabundance of easy-to-add green items: green leaf lettuce, green avocado chunks, and green olives.  It was created because I wanted a quick, easy meal using stuff in my fridge so I wouldn't have to leave my warm, cozy house to go foraging for lunch.

It's wonderful - creamy avocado mixed with salty olives mixed with crunchy roasted pumpkin seeds!  And it's all topped with a raspberry hazelnut dressing - sort of sweet, sort of tangy.


My hubby and I are big fans of raspberry salad dressing!  The chipotle raspberry dressing from Quizno's started our obsession with finding its perfect blend of creamy-spicy-sweet for our own fridge.  So far, we haven't found that perfect combo.  But this Raspberry Hazelnut vinaigrette by Wishbone is a staple for us - and you wouldn't believe how good it is with cheddar!

No comments:

Post a Comment