Monday, December 20, 2010

Exercise and Skinny Jeans

Exercise... I used to love it.  Muscles stretching and burning, my lungs working full steam, the sweat dripping down my back.  The way I felt after a good run.

What ever happened?  Did my sheer, innate laziness just grab hold and now I can't shake it off?  Is it because I don't like to shower twice in one day?  Is it because I love my home so much and don't want to leave in this cold, wintery weather?

Yes, all of the above, and I'm going to have to just overcome all of the above.

Because I just bought my first pair of skinny jeans!  And I'm not going to outgrow them before I've worn them once!


Aren't they cute?  Maybe you thought I'd squirm myself into them for a little photo op.  Not on your life, or mine.  I don't have the correct clothes to go with them yet.  Yes, this is one of those purchases that requires several other purchases to make it usable.  You know what I'm talking about.  Don't tell my husband yet, please.  I hope to very soon show you the boots that go with these jeans.  Right now they're but a twinkle in my eye.

On another note, this is proof that I'm just a tad behind the curve, isn't it?  I would like to offer a rebuttal to that, actually.  I've considered the skinny jean for quite some time now.  I've tried them on, looked at my thighs looming over my nice, petite little ankles, and always (wisely) said, "No thank you."  I don't know what came over me yesterday.  Maybe it was the $15 price tag at Target.


I've got a week of semi-healthy eating under my belt.  This week, I'll add exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment