Thursday, December 23, 2010

Productivity: Low

It's my day off.  Two days before Christmas.  And sure, I don't have much left to do to prepare for Christmas.  But good grief.  You might think I'd still want to run around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Nope.

I didn't get out of bed until 9 (Granted, we had a late night.  I tell guests I don't like them to leave before midnight and last night, a couple good friends nearly took it to heart.  Eleven fifteen on a school night!  And then there was the basketball game to watch...  That's late for us homebodies!).

I brushed my teeth and put in my contacts.

I retrieved Murray from his cozy cat shed.

I ate a bowl of instant oatmeal.

I flipped through my "Poem a Day" book and read poems from many significant dates like my birthday, my hubby's birthday, our anniversary, the day after my birthday... you get the point.

I read other blogs (including The Pioneer Woman - this Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula is the one tempting me to discard our budget) and got entirely too inspired to cook.  My grocery budget is mostly gone!  My hubby knows when I borrow from, say, the health insurance budget to buy fun extra food items!  And he does not approve, no matter how delicious the resulting meal.

Even the lure of coffee that someone else has brewed can't get me out of my warm, cozy house and my warm, cozy sweats and sweatshirt.  Because I've got Starbucks Christmas Blend in the mug right next to me, and folks, that means I am good. to. go.

No comments:

Post a Comment